The Gap of Dunloe is one of the most magnificent natural beauty spots in the county, spanning four miles between the McGillycuddy Reeks and the Purple Mountains. Its entrance is home to the famous cottage named after Kate Kearney and the start of your day tour, following a short coach ride from Killarney where your tour departs.
The next seven miles of the tour can be taken by trap (jaunting car); horseback or on foot - all of which take you through ice-moulded rock formations and towering summits on your journey to Lord Brandon’s cottage. Here, you may enjoy a light lunch before disembarking on the next leg of the tour.
Your boats await at approximately 1415, when your boatmen will navigate on the beautiful Lakes of Killarney. Then, after hearing your nautical guides’ enchanting tales and folklore, you’ll pass under the picturesque 18th century Old Weir Bridge and on to the final stretch of water to Ross Castle. Here, coaches will be ready to take you back to Killarney.
We look forward to welcoming you on this day tour and doing our best to ensure you have a wonderful day exploring this beautiful part of the Kingdom. Don’t forget, by booking directly with us through this website you’ll benefit from the lowest prices, no hidden fees and 24/7 customer care.
Please note, this is a seasonal tour which runs from 1 May to 30 September inclusive.
- This tour departs daily at 1050 and returns at approximately 1600
rental car parking is available at our depot in Ross Road for the duration of our tours
- Travel to Killarney with daily rail and bus connections from Dublin, Cork and Tralee and arrange complimentary pick up from Killarney town B&Bs, hotels, hostels, bus and rail stations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Family including adults/seniors/students & kids together with group rates are available on request by emailing email@example.com
- We’re an award-winning Killarney based tour operator with over 75 years of experience and local, knowledgeable and friendly drivers
- Covid 19 Safety Charter Approved
- This tour is authorised by the Irish Department of Transport under Road Passenger Licence Number 396 and Route Licence Number 10095. Boat Partners: O'Donoghue Brothers, Killarney.
For further information, view our FAQS.