Departing from Killarney our Dingle Day Tour explores the Dingle Peninsula - stretching out into the Atlantic Ocean and encapsulating the South Westerly coastline of Ireland with its wild mountains, rugged scenery and antiquities.
The peninsula exists because of the band of sandstone rock that forms the Slieve Mish mountain range at the neck of the peninsula in the east and the unnamed central mountain range further to the west. Ireland’s highest mountain outside the Macgillycuddy’s Reeks, Mount Brandon at 951m, forms part of a beautiful high ridge with stunning views over the peninsula and North Kerry.
At its edge lay the last outposts of Europe in the form of the Blasket Islands, also known as the “next parish to America”. Visible from Slea Head, they are famous for the literary heritage of their former inhabitants. However, these remote islands have been uninhabited since the 1950s following an evacuation.
This western end of the peninsula is a Gaeltacht area that has produced a number of nationally notable authors and poets: O’Siochfhradha and Peig Sayers among others. And as an Irish speaking district, traditional customs are still very much alive.
Named after the town of Dingle, the Dingle Peninsula is also commonly called Corca Dhuibhne even when those referring to it are speaking in English. This means “seed or tribe of Duibhne” (an Irish personal name), taking its name from the tuath (people, nation) of Corco Dhuibhne who occupied the peninsula in the Middle Ages and who also held a number of territories in the south and east of county Kerry.
We look forward to welcoming you on this day tour and doing our best to ensure you have a wonderful day exploring this beautiful part of the Kingdom. Don’t forget, by booking directly with us through this website you’ll benefit from the lowest prices, no hidden fees and 24/7 customer care.
Please note, this is a seasonal tour which runs from 1 May to 30 September inclusive.
- This tour departs daily at 1030 and returns at approximately 1700
- Free rental car parking is available at our depot in Ross Road for the duration of our tours
- Travel to Killarney with daily rail and bus connections from Dublin, Cork and Tralee and arrange complimentary pick up from Killarney bus and rail stations by emailing
Family including adults/seniors/students & kids together with group rates are available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- We’re an award-winning Killarney based tour operator with over 75 years of experience and local, knowledgeable and friendly drivers
- Covid 19 Safety Charter Approved
- This tour is authorised by the Irish Department of Transport under Road Passenger Licence Number 396 and Route Licence Number 10093.
For further information, view our FAQs